Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bookmark and Share
6/2/12 Our time here in Santana is wrapping up, we will be leaving for Recife Wednesday morning. I have been doing a lot of reflecting of the time we have spent here. Before I came on this trip I did not know what to expect. One thing I learned from being in Brazil is to expect the unexpected. We did not have an itinerary because we couldn't, that's not how things work here. At home I live a very structured life. I am a full time college student with two part time jobs. I have always been an extremely punctual person. If, I am not 5 minutes early for something I'm already late. I would rather be a half an hour early for a meeting and drive around the block for 15 minuets than possibly come in late. In, Brazil, people view time differently. It is more important to be around other people, and socialize than it is to be somewhere at a specific time. This experience has helped me learn that its OK to take a slower pace and just enjoy where you are who your with. Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

WDAZ TV Xukuru Research Synopsis