Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bookmark and Share
6/5/12 Today is our last day in Santana. This morning we went along with Dona Zenlida to distribute food to local Xukuru schools. We filled on truck up, full of fresh, local, and organic fruits and vegetables. Than we all jumped in the back of the truck. As we drove along the Xukuru county side, I tried to take in the sounds, sights and smells. I tried to take a moment to just enjoy the way it feels to have wind in your hair, and see smiling faces on the road side, because I do not know if I will be back here. This trip has been a flurry of emotions; excitement, frustration, happiness, anxiety and wonder. As, I think about leaving I am unable to put into words how this makes me feel. A part of me doesn't want to leave, but I know that I need to go home and incorperate the lessons I have learned over the last three weeks into my own life. - I will work on living in the moment, not in the past or the present - I will make time to enjoy the people in my life - I will try to change the way I eat; incorporate more fruits, veggies and rice. An important part to being healthy physically and emotionally is eating healthy. - I will stand up for what I believe in. I will fight for what I am passionate about, even if it seems like no one is listening, eventually people will. - Last but not least, I will spread the word about who the Xukuru people are and what they believe in. Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

WDAZ TV Xukuru Research Synopsis